Managing Stress and Undertaking Stress Risk Assessments for Managers
This half-day course is ideal for any organisation that wishes to effectively manage stress and can be utilised as part of a workplace’s health and wellbeing programme.
The course covers:
- Understanding stress
- The role of the manager
- Thriving at work and how to prevent stress
- Conducting effective stress risk assessments
The course is full of practical advice, signposting and scenario discussions to support learning.
By the end of the course, individuals will have the tools and skills to conduct stress risk assessments in their workplace.
Find out more about the Being Well together Programme here.
Why choose the British Safety Council?
We are one of the world’s leading health and safety organisations
Our tutors are experts in health, safety and wellbeing and are excellent teachers
No 'death by PowerPoint' – learning is student-centred and interactive
Our focus is on practical application and will enable you to carry out stress risk assessments
What's in it for me?
By the end of the course, you will be performing your own stress risk assessments with confidence.
You will also gain a certificate confirming your knowledge and understanding of the stress risk assessment process.
Upon completion of the qualification, learners will:
- Defined what stress is and recognise the signs of stress
- Recognised the legal obligation of the employer to reduce work-related stress
- Identify the critical role of the manager and their duty of care to reduce work-related stress
- Learn how to effectively complete a stress risk assessment
- Understand practical control measures to reduce work-related stress.
How can I study?
We recognise that everyone is different, which is why we offer a choice of study routes.
You can attend a course at one of our training centres, study for the qualification live online or we can deliver the course in your workplace.
In your workplace
We can visit your workplace on a date of your choice to deliver this half day session. Request a call back below.