Pre-audit (gap analysis) services
Our pre-audit (gap analysis) consultancy services are specifically designed by highly experienced advisors to help you prepare for a health, safety or environmental management audit.
What is it?
Prepare for your audit with a gap analysis of your existing Health, Safety and/or Environmental management system (and associated arrangements).
Compare your system against relevant legislative requirements, recognised standards and best practice techniques.
Understand what you need to do to improve your performance and how to achieve the highest standards.
a) Best practice review of an organisation’s health and safety management system and associated arrangements against relevant areas of the five star specification.
b) Bespoke gap analysis against legislative requirements, ISO 45001 and/or organisations own OHSMS.
Who is it for?
Our pre-audit (gap analysis) services are ideal for any organisation that is preparing to undertake a British Safety Council Five Star Audit, or ISO 14001/45001 certification.
Pre-audit / Gap analysis is also relevant for any organisation’s within any sector (of any size) who:
- a) require a status assessment of their current OHSMS against best practice and/or relevant legislative requirements and/or current standards.
- b) require a structured route toward best practice status.
Why the audit is right for your organisation
- Gain expert advice on how to achieve the highest standards
- Identify what you do well
- Address specific issues identified ahead of the actual audit process
- Target resources effectively
- Expose your organisation to the audit process as part of the full audit preparation
- Demonstration to stakeholders and other interested parties (including regulatory bodies) of commitment toward health and safety
- Structured route toward continual improvement and best practice standards
- Preparation for a full five-star or certification audit.
Why pre-audit (gap analysis) services?
Next stepsRequest a call back
The audit at a glance
Review of selected areas of the best practice specification and/or relevant legislation and/or current standards.
Can be bespoke for client requirements or include all areas of OHSMS.
How does it work?
- Prepared in discussion with you, to ensure that it meets your unique business needs
- On site review of relevant documentation
- Interviews / discussions with relevant stakeholders
- Operational sampling
What your organisation will receive from the audit
- Summary report
- Detailed recommendations and action planning
Why choose the British Safety Council
Our audit and consultancy services are internationally recognised and are the best way to ensure your health, safety and environmental management systems (and associated arrangements) are suitable for your business requirements, promote continual improvement and are effectively implemented.
As part of our own quality control processes, we ensure:
- Our audit and consultancy products are regularly reviewed to meet customer needs, expectations and sector best practice
- Consistently high standards of service are achieved through a robust quality assurance process including auditor standardisation, training and performance monitoring
- Our technical specialists serve on strategic committees for occupational health, safety and environmental standards
- We have a unique internationally recognised best practice (five star) audit process
- Industry recognition from awards such as the prestigious Sword or Globe of Honour.